When I was in grade 6 I went to a friends house and was offered some tapioca pudding. I loved tapioca pudding, so I accepted with enthusiasm. After one bite I realized that I did love tapioca pudding, but only the homemade stuff. The tapioca pudding at my friends house came in a can. It made me feel nauseous, so nauseous that it took five years for me to eat tapioca pudding again.
Now that it’s been many years since I’ve begun enjoying tapioca pudding again, I’ve created a festive treat to share with you:
Eggnog Tapioca Pudding
Sweet, creamy, aromatic pudding with little pearls of soft, chewy goodness. Eat this for dessert or breakfast, I won’t judge!
- 1/3 cup tapioca pearls
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup So Nice Noel Nog
- 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/4 cup erythritol or coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Soak tapioca pearls in water for 30 minutes in a medium saucepan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and heat over medium until the mixture is close to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer over low, stirring frequently.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the pudding thickens to desired consistency.
- Divide into serving dishes, top with dash of cinnamon and nutmeg and dig in!