Peanut butter sandwiches remind me of being in grade school. They were definitely a frequent, and welcomed, find in my lunch box. Soft bread, rich peanut butter and either sweet fruit jam or sliced bananas- who could complain about that? Clearly I’m not one to turn down anything that involves peanut butter. Check out some of my other mouth watering peanut butter recipes:
Now, back to my love for peanut butter sandwiches:
This isn’t just any plain old peanut butter sandwich. No, this is a grown-up version- a rich, decadent, gooey version. The secret to making this sandwich over the top? Nothing other than our good friends banana and cinnamon. The combination of sliced and mashed banana adds gooey goodness and cinnamon adds a new depth of irresistible flavour.
Don’t believe me? Just give it a try, you won’t regret it!
Gooey Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich
One bite of this gooey sandwich and you’ll be hooked. Enjoy it for breakfast or lunch, anytime is the right time for something this delicious!
- 2 slices gluten and dairy-free whole grain bread
- 1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1/4 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- Toast the bread to your desired crispness.
- Spread the peanut butter on each piece of toast.
- Slice half of the banana and layer it on one piece of the peanut butter toast.
- Place the other half of the banana in a small bowl with the cinnamon and mash it.
- Spread the mashed banana over top of the sliced bananas, top with the remaining peanut butter toast, slice and enjoy!
You Might Also Like:
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Wellness Weekend.