Eggnog cupcakes? HECK YES!
These sweet little bundles of moist flavour don’t need an introduction, they just need to be baked and gobbled up!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 1 cup So Nice Noel Nog
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 6 tbsp potato starch
- 6 tbsp tapioca starch/flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin.
- Combine flour and starches in a medium bowl along with xanthan gum, baking powder, sea salt and spices.
- In a second bowl, mix together applesauce, coconut sugar, So Nice Noel Nog, and extracts until a smooth texture is achieved.
- Slowly sift the flour mixture into the second bowl and mix until combined.
- Evenly divide batter among lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick is clean upon removal.
- While the cupcakes cool, whip together the following frosting:
- 3 tbsp Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 1 tbsp So Nice Noel Nog
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp soy milk powder
- Cream together the Earth Balance and Noel Nog with an electric mixer.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, 2 tbsp at a time, while beating mixture on low.
- Beat in soy milk powder and cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes and garnish with a light dusting of cinnamon/ nutmeg.
2 eggnog recipes down, many more to come!