I can’t believe I haven’t hosted a giveaway on this blog yet. I love giveaways- I love the excitement, the anticipation and I love learning about new products. The product for my first giveaway is fantastic. It’s the Vegan Delish App for iPhones and iPads. Have you heard of it? If you haven’t I’m sure you’ve at least heard of the remarkable woman who created the app, Carrie Forrest. She is the mastermind behind the blog Carrie on Vegan, a Public Health Nutrition Graduate Student and a thyroid cancer survivor with a passion for plant-based diets. Did I mention she’s a recipe developer mastermind? Because she is. All of her recipes are outstandingly delicious AND highly nutritious. It’s because of all of this that I’m thrilled to be able share her Vegan Delish App with 3 lucky readers.
So, what is Vegan Delish?
It’s just what it says it is: “A Dynamic Recipe App to Nourish your Healthy Life”.
Basically, this is an easy to use app that solves the problem of aimless wandering around the grocery store after a long day of work saying to yourself “what should I make for dinner tonight?”. Or, if you’re like me it solves the problem of aimless wandering around the grocery store after a long day of work saying “I know I’m forgetting an ingredient from that recipe but what is it?!?!”. With this app all you’ve got to do is bring your phone out of your pocket or purse and all of your problems are solved 🙂 But this app is more than just that, take a look at all it’s amazing features:
Yes, you read all of that correctly, this app is not just filled with healthy recipes, the recipes are frequently updated, are displayed in hi-definition, are easy to share with others AND each recipe comes with a shopping list. Dream. Come. True. Not convinced yet? Carrie was generous enough to share a recipe from Vegan Delish with all of you!
Roasted Kabocha Squash Soup with Vegan Cream Sauce
Printed with permission of Vegan Delish
- 1 3-pound squash kabocha squash
- 6 leeks
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup Vegan Cream Sauce (see below)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and dry the exterior of the squash and place on a heavy cutting board. Using a large, sharp knife, carefully cut the squash in half. Use a spoon to clean out the seeds and then cut the squash into 1” slices.
- Spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray and lay the squash slices on the trays, leaving room between each slice.
- Roast the squash for 20 minutes on each side, flipping once during the roasting process, for a total of 40 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Chop the leeks, celery and mushrooms. Mince the garlic.
- Heat up a large pot over medium heat. Dry-saute the leeks for several minutes, stirring often to avoid burning. Add celery and mushrooms and cook for several more minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the minced garlic, oregano, and curry powder to the pot, stirring to combine. Cook for another 2 minutes, and then add the squash slices. Pour the vegetable broth and water over the vegetables and increase heat to high. Let soup come to a boil and then turn the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use a handheld immersion blender to puree the soup into a chunky texture. If you prefer a smooth texture, batch process the soup in a high-speed blender.
- Stir the Vegan Cream Sauce into the soup and serve hot.
Vegan Cream Sauce
Printed with permission of Vegan Delish
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Combine cashews and non-dairy milk in a high-speed blender and process until smooth. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
So, what are you waiting for? Enter the giveaway for a chance to be one of the THREE lucky winners! You can enter this giveaway 3 different ways:
1.) Leave a comment on this post about what your biggest barrier to healthy eating is.
2.) Like Sift, Stir and Savour on Facebook and leave a comment saying you did
3.) Follow Sift, Stir and Savour via Email and leave a comment saying you did
*** NOTE: this giveaway is only open to those living in the USA ***
Giveaway closes Wednesday November 6th at midnight. Winners will be selected at random. Check back on Thursday November 7th to see if you are a winner!
It’s such a fun app isn’t it? I love the look of all the recipes and it’s so well organized so I can easily find recipes with ingredients I need to use. You must try the PB & J Pie!
That app looks super cool! And that soup looks amazing. I love anything squash.
That app looks awesome! My biggest obstacle is time and planning ahead. If I don’t plan ahead I start munching on the more unhealthier foods:) I just discovered kabocha squash recently and that soup recipe looks soooo good!
Thanks for entering! Please email me at email@example.com and I will provide you with the Vegan Delish App code 🙂
I love giveaways too! I follow you by e-mail–that was how I knew about the giveaway 🙂
Thanks for entering, Courtney! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will provide you with the Vegan Delish App code 🙂
I love giveaways too! I follow you via e-mail–that was how I knew about the giveaway 🙂
My biggest barrier to healthy eating is eating too much…even if you are overeating on healthy fruits and veggies, too much is too much.
I have 2 barriers to healthy eating: easy access to convenience food and no time
Thanks for entering, Jennifer! Please email me at email@example.com and I will provide you with the Vegan Delish App code 🙂
Pingback: BANANA MILKSHAKE- Vegan, Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free | Sift, Stir & Savour
Pingback: spiced curiosity | best freakin' sweet potato fries – a thanksgiving countdown