A massive craving for pad thai hit me on boxing day. The craving hit at 5:55 pm, 5 minutes before the grocery store by my house closed early for the night. So what did I do?
I ran to the grocery store and grabbed all the supplies I needed…or what I thought was all I needed. It was exactly 6:05 when I realized that I had no limes. How do you make pad thai without limes?!?!
You can’t, not real pad thai, so I made what I could with what I had. And lucky for my craving it was delicious, really delicious!
Thai Inspired Noodles
Soft rice noodles surrounded with crunchy veggies and smothered in a tangy and slightly salty sauce.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice noodles
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cups broccoli slaw
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp tapioca starch
- Whisk together Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, balsamic vinegar, sweet chili sauce and tapioca starch until smooth and pour into a frying pan.
- Heat over medium heat, add green onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broccoli slaw and mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add bean sprouts, cook for 1 minute and then toss in the cooked rice noodles.
- Remove from heat and stir until the veggies and noodles are covered in sauce.
- Garnish with extra green onion, if you’d like, and enjoy!
UPDATE!!! This recipe has been shared at Healthy Vegan Friday here, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays here and My Meatless Mondays.
Pingback: VEGGIE “FRIED” RICE- Vegan, Gluten-Free & Oil-Free | Sift, Stir & Savour
Pingback: VEGGIE PAD SEW NOODLES- Vegan & Gluten-Free | Sift, Stir & Savour
Pingback: PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM STROGANOFF- Vegan, Gluten-Free & Oil-Free | Sift, Stir & Savour