I hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had a lovely day yesterday, I know I did. Family, food and laughs always makes a day enjoyable, not to mention presents!
Now that Christmas is over, I’m left with another one of my favourite days: Boxing Day. I love it not because I like the shopping deals, in fact I avoid all shopping and act like a hermit for the day. I love it because I use the day for complete and utter relaxation. And what better way to start my relaxing day than with a big bowl of this:
Yes, another eggnog recipe, however, I’m sad to say it will be the last as my house is officially dry of So Nice Noel Nog.
Eggnog Teff Porridge
This breakfast is filling, nutritious and most importantly fantastic! It’s creamy and flavourful and the perfect way to say goodbye to eggnog until next year.
- 1/4 cup uncooked teff
- 1/2 cup So Nice Noel Nog
- 1/2 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- Combine all ingredients, except ground flax seeds, into a small sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat until it’s just about to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Stirring frequently, cook until desired texture is achieved. See this post for a picture of the texture I prefer.
- Remove from heat and stir in ground flax seed.
- Pour into serving dish and enjoy!