It’s officially a week before Christmas, which means…it’s officially EGGNOG WEEK!
Yes, I’m serious. I’ve been completely obsessed with eggnog this holiday season. I don’t remember liking eggnog before, so I’m not sure why I had an impulse to buy this, but I did and it was perfect! So perfect I’ve developed a serious eggnog obsession that has led to the creation of a weeks worth of recipes. Yes, a week full of eggnog inspired treats! So if you like eggnog, go out and buy some and check this blog daily for new ways to enjoy your eggnog.
This fragrant and creamy oatmeal is the ultimate way to start a cold December morning. Heck, it might be how I start my Christmas morning!
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup So Nice Noel Nog
- 1/2 unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- Add all ingredients, except for the ground flax seed and rum extract, to a small sauce pan.
- Cook over medium high heat until it’s just about to boil, reduce heat to low and continue to cook. Note: as soon as the milks reach a boil they will boil over, so be careful. It’s better to turn the heat down too early than too late!!!
- Stirring frequently, cook until desired consistency is achieved (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in ground flax seeds and rum extract.
- Top with extra cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired, and enjoy!
Stay tuned for more eggnog…
eggnog cupcakes, eggnog tapioca pudding, eggnog teff porridge, eggnog nanimo bars, eggnog rooibos tea latte, eggnog cookies and eggnog french toast, OH MY!
Pingback: BANANA CHERRY OATMEAL- Vegan, Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free | Sift, Stir & Savour
Pingback: PUMPKIN PEAR OATMEAL- Vegan, Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free | Sift, Stir & Savour