Given how hot it’s been outside lately I don’t think any ice cream recipe needs an introduction. Especially when said ice cream recipe has not one, but two hidden veggies in it!
Okay, so avocado isn’t actually a vegetable…I guess there’s only one hidden veggie and two hidden fruits in this ice cream. Regardless, it’s darn nutritious and unbelievably delicious.
I love mint ice cream because it tastes so bright and refreshing. And this mint ice cream is no different. Eating this fresh and creamy mint ice cream that’s spotted with crunchy and sweet chocolate makes me feel like a kid again!
Chocolate Spotted Mint Ice Cream with Hidden Veggies
The best way to cool off from the summer heat and get in some fruit and veggies while you do it!
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 20-30 drops liquid chocolate stevia
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- Add avocado, banana, coconut milk, almond milk, spinach, peppermint extract and liquid stevia to a high power blender (I used my Vitamix) and blend until very smooth.
- Add mixture to ice cream maker and let run for 20 minutes (or follow manufacturers instructions).
- Add the cacao nibs when the mixture has about 5 minutes left in the ice cream maker.
- Enjoy right away or throw in the freezer for a firmer ice cream.
**NOTE- If you do not have an ice cream maker you can still enjoy this recipe! After step 1, pour the mixture into a container and place it in a freezer until it’s solid. You’ll have to pull it out of the freezer for about 20-30 minutes before you want to serve it though so you can get a nice scoop out of it.
You May Also Like:
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Wellness Weekend.