I don’t think that there’s a better treat on a warm winters night than freshly baked cookies.
Especially when they’re as delicious as these cookies are!
Gluten-Free & Vegan Spiced Pecan Cookies
Soft and fragrant cookies filled with crunchy pecans and pumpkin pie spices. No butter, no eggs, no gluten and no dairy make these cookies a treat for almost everyone!
Adapted from this recipe.
Makes 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar should work)
- 1 1/2 tsp egg replacer mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp butter extract (it’s vegan- go figure!)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour mix (I used Bob Red Mill)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the coconut oil until it softens. Add the coconut sugar and continue to beat until the sugar crystals dissolve into the oil.
- Mix the egg replacer powder with the 2 tbsp of water and add to the oil/sugar mixer. Beat until combined.
- Add the extracts and non-dairy milk and beat until combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the pecans, and beat until a dough is formed.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Drop cookies onto lined baking sheet. Flatten cookies to desired thickness.
- Chill cookies on baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for another 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.