I sat down with the intention to write my next review of Happy Herbivore Light & Lean. But as soon as I looked at my computer screen I felt exhausted. I spend about six of my eight hour work day sitting at a desk writing an assessment. Turns out that’s enough to make me not want to write anything else today!
Almond Orange Broccoli
Crisp broccoli smothered in a sweet and salty sauce.
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- Heat frying pan over medium-low heat and add broccoli florets.
- While the broccoli cooks, add orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar and almond butter to a blender (I used my Magic Bullet) and blend until combined.
- Once the broccoli is cooked to your liking (I cook mine just until it starts to turn a brighter green), pour the sauce over the broccoli and sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
You May Also Like:
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Healthy Vegan Fridays.