I sat down with the intention to write my next review of Happy Herbivore Light & Lean. But as soon as I looked at my computer screen I felt exhausted. I spend about six of my eight hour work day sitting at a desk writing an assessment. Turns out that’s enough to make me not want to write anything else today!
Almond Orange Broccoli
Crisp broccoli smothered in a sweet and salty sauce.
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- Heat frying pan over medium-low heat and add broccoli florets.
- While the broccoli cooks, add orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar and almond butter to a blender (I used my Magic Bullet) and blend until combined.
- Once the broccoli is cooked to your liking (I cook mine just until it starts to turn a brighter green), pour the sauce over the broccoli and sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
You May Also Like:
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Healthy Vegan Fridays.
Yummmmm!!! This recipe looks wonderful! And simple too.
I have never thought of adding such zest to broccoli! I am going to have to try this! We eat broccoli a lot and it would be nice to spice things up Thank you!
Pingback: Minimal Ingredient Mondays: Beet & Gogi Berry Smoothie and Seeded Maca Milk | Sift, Stir & Savour
Great recipe! 🙂
Oh what a lovely, sweet and salty way to spice up my normally, bland, steamed broccoli!Your recipe is so simple to follow that I am going to try it this week! My family will be thrilled when I serve them this flavorful dish! So glad I found your recipe and your wonderful blog on a Healthy Vegan Fridays! I am subscribing, following and sharing too!
Thanks, Deborah! I hope you like it 🙂