If you celebrate Christmas and if Santa is visiting your house tonight than I hope you’ve make some cookies for him! When I was a kid we always left cookies out for Santa and carrots out for the reindeer. This recipe is my new favourite cookie recipe and definitely worthy of leaving out for Santa (so long as he doesn’t have any nut allergies!).
Macadamia butter is the secret to the decadent texture of these cookies. It’s oilier in texture than other nut butters so it creates a more traditional texture to the cookies. The macadamia butter is mixed with some almond butter and then some chunks of pecans are thrown into the mix to create an extra special chocolate chip cookie that is perfect for those who go nuts for nuts!
Nutty Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies that are spotted with sweet pecans and made with nut butters to create a cookie with the perfect texture.
Makes 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp macadamia butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together sorghum flour, tapioca starch, baking soda and xanthan gum.
- In a second bowl cream together nut butters, non-dairy milk, extracts and coconut sugar until smooth texture is accomplished.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecan pieces.
- Portion the cookie dough on the lined cookie sheet, pat down to desired thickness and bake for 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy 🙂
You May Also Like: