I’ve become quite the cookie monster lately. All I want to eat is cookies and most days this week every meal has ended with a cookie. With such severe cookie cravings I decided to create a cookie that is healthy enough to be part of a regular meal. And what makes a healthier cookie than hemp seeds, sesame seeds, peanut butter, apple butter and flax seeds.
Healthy Peanut Butter Apple Hemp Cookies
Super healthy peanut butter cookies with a hint of sweet apple and nutrient packed seeds.
- 6 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add hemp seeds and sesame seeds to a blender and blend for a few seconds until about half of the seeds are broken up. I used my magic bullet.
- Mix the blended seeds with the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Drop the cookies onto the lined baking sheet and leave room for them to expand.
- Bake for 12 minutes and let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet. If you try to remove them when they’re not fully cooled, some of the bottom of the cookie will stick.
You May Also Like
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Wellness Weekend.