Cookies are my friend. They’re my best friend when they’re pumpkin flavoured.
And what makes a pumpkin cookie even better? Chocolate chips of course! These cookies are soft, slightly sweet and filled with gooey chocolate chips. If you’re not in the mood for chocolate chips try using dried cranberries instead. The chewy texture of the cranberries will contrast the soft cookies perfectly.
I like to portion the cookies with a tiny ice cream scoop. I flattened half the batch (first photo) and left half the batch in their original scooped shape (second photo). They were both delicious but I preferred the non-flattened cookies because they tasted more decadent and special to me since I’m not used to such a fat and soft cookie.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
Soft pumpkin cookies that are free of refined sugar and added fats. These beauties are so healthy you can enjoy them with your morning coffee or tea.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Add rice flour, starches, baking soda, xanthan gum and sea salt to a small bowl and mix until combined.
- In a second bowl cream together coconut sugar and pumpkin puree until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the non-dairy milk and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, stirring until a dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips and either portion the dough into cookies with an ice cream scoop or pinch the dough to form balls. Place the balls of dough on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten if desired. Note: the cookies do not spread when they cook.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Enjoy!
You Might Also Like:
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Gluten-Free Fridays.