I’ve been in a serious oatmeal craze lately. I’ve been eating it every day for breakfast and have been fighting the urge to eat it for dinner too. It’s my ultimate fall comfort food- creamy, warm and flavoured however I like.
Pumpkin is my new favourite thing to add to oatmeal because it makes it even more creamy! Just when I thought oatmeal couldn’t get any better 🙂 For this recipe I added shredded pear to add extra natural sweetness and also some texture. Feel free to throw some raisins in too for an even more fantastic texture experience.
Another bonus of adding pumpkin to your oatmeal is the added nutrition. By adding this seasonal veggie to your morning porridge you’re boosting your daily intake of vitamins A, C and E, as well as your intake of calcium, copper, potassium and phosphorus.
But most importantly, it’s down right delicious!
Pumpkin Pear Oatmeal
Waking up to a warm bowl of this oatmeal is definitely the right way to start your day. Get all the goods from a whole grain, a fruit AND a vegetable before you even leave the house!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 small pear, shredded
- 1/2- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- Cook oats in water using preferred method (microwave or stove-top) until the water is absorbed and the oats are soft.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, ground flax seed and shredded pear.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, grab a spoon and dig in
You May Also Like: