When I came across this recipe from Oh She Glows, I was instantly addicted. I ate it everyday for an entire week. This meant that on days that I was heading to the gym I was eating two bananas a day. As much as I love bananas, I didn’t feel that I needed two a day! I decided to change up my new breakfast routine so I could get a wider range of fruits in my daily diet.
Whether you’re a banana hater or just don’t want to eat a banana in the morning, this recipe is for you! It’s banana-free, creamy and packed with vitamins and minerals. I used mixed berries in this version, but feel free to use just one type of berry. You can also easily switch up the type of nut and dried fruit that you use. It’s all of these simple switches that can be made that make this the perfect go to breakfast. You can eat it everyday and never get bored of it! Oh, and did I mention this is a prep the night before kind of breakfast? That’s right, 5 minutes in the evening will give you a delicious grab and go breakfast in the morning 🙂
Here’s my breakfast the next morning, before I drain the soaking goodies and threw them on top of the set pudding:
Raw Creamy Berry Breakfast Pudding
Adapted from Oh She Glows
- 1/2 cup packed mixed berries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon, separated
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 2 tbsp gogi berries
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- Add mixed berries, non-dairy milk and half of the ceylon cinnamon in a blender and blend until smooth. I used my Magic Bullet.
- Pour mixture into a glass container and stir in the chia seeds.
- Let sit in the fridge, covered, overnight.
- Add buckwheat groats, gogi berries and walnuts to a small dish and cover with water. Let sit in fridge overnight.
- In the morning strain and rinse the soaking groats, dried fruit and nuts and add to top of pudding. Sprinkle with the rest of the ceylon cinnamon and enjoy!
You Might Also Like:
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Raw Food Thursdays.