I created this recipe in the summer but never got around to posting it. I meant to post it last week when Toronto had those few strangely hot and humid days. Obviously life got in the way. Even though it’s finally starting to feel like autumn, I still like having these little bites hanging around my freezer.
These little beauties are the perfect solution to a sweet or salty craving- raw chocolate chip cookie dough sandwiched between two salty pretzels. You can enjoy these frozen (my favourite), slightly thawed or before you even assemble them (my temptation).
Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites
Sweet chocolate chip cookie dough sandwiched between two salty, crunchy pretzels. The perfect treat to satisfy any craving!
Makes approximately 24 bites (with some cookie dough left over, if you’re lucky)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips
- 48 gluten-free pretzels (I used this brand)
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out 24 pretzels. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together brown rice flour, starch and sea salt.
- In a separate, larger bowl, cream together coconut sugar, applesauce and almond butter until the coconut sugar crystals begin to melt and the mixture appears smooth. Stir in the non-dairy milk and vanilla extract
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use two spoons to drop cookie dough batter onto the prepared pretzels. Add another pretzel on top and gently press down.
- Once all of the prepared pretzels have been made into sandwiches, place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Enjoy straight out of the freezer, or move them to the fridge for a less chilly treat.
You Might Also Like: