I love bananas. I love them so much that I frequently buy more than I think I’ll eat in a week just so I have extra hanging around, ripening. And then I get fruit flies and I regret my decision. Not really, I love bananas more than I hate fruit flies 🙂 I not only love the taste of bananas, I also love how versatile they are. I use them in smoothies, baked goods and as a pre-workout snack. I also love to slice them up and freeze them to nibble on whenever I desire. Yum, so good.
Did I mention I often use bananas to make pudding? Because I do, and the result is fabulous! Creamy, naturally sweet and pairs well with most other flavours. One of my favourite combinations is with peanuts…because what isn’t made better with peanuts?
Peanut Butter Banana Protein Pudding
Sweet banana pairs perfectly with savoury peanut butter and creamy tofu for a pudding that’s sure to satisfy.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp golden flax seed, ground
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- optional- 1 tbsp peanuts
- Add banana, ground flax, tofu, water and peanut butter to a blender (I used my Magic Bullet). Blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving dish and stir in chia seeds. Let chill in fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with peanuts, if using.
You Might Also Like: