The other day I was feeling incredibly tired and lazy. I decided I wanted a salad but didn’t have the energy to put one together. I went to the store to grab a bag of prepared salad. While at the store I contemplated my tiredness and went to look at the pre-made salad dressings. After reading about 20 labels and finding nothing I wanted to eat I realized I could have made a dressing in the amount of time I had spent just reading the labels.
So I went home and made the easiest yet most delicious salad dressing:
Quick & Easy 1000 Island-ish Dressing
Creamy tomato dressing with chunks of tangy pickle relish and pop of protein.
Makes approximately 1 cup
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2-4 tbsp non-dairy milk (depending on how thick you like your dressing)
- 1/4 cup ketchup (I use this kind)
- 1/4 cup relish
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Add tofu, non-dairy milk, ketchup, sriracha and half (2 tbsp) of the relish to a blender (I used my magic bullet) and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to storage container and mix in the rest of the relish.
- Keeps in fridge for a week, but if you’re like me it won’t last more than a few days 🙂
You May Also Like: