When I’m traveling breakfast is my favourite meal to make myself. I usually wake up starving so I enjoy being able to hush my stomach growls sooner rather than later. Making my own breakfast is also a simple and delicious way to save money. On my most recent vacation I packed only single plain oatmeal packages to make my breakfast with. Boring, I know, but I didn’t want to use up precious suitcase room on food.
Turns out you can easily transform plain oats into a delicious breakfast with minimal ingredients!
Healthy Tea Flavoured Oatmeal
A travel friendly breakfast that will satisfy your tastebuds and give you the energy you need for an abroad adventure!
- 1 single package gluten-free oatmeal (or 1/2 cup instant oats)
- 1/4- 1/3 cup hot water (use less water for thicker oatmeal, more water for runnier oatmeal)
- 1 tea bag, any flavour (I used peach mango herbal tea in picture above)
- 1 serving fruit (I used banana in picture above)
- Steep tea in hot water for 2-5 minutes, depending on how strong of tea flavour you like.
- Add dry oats to a bowl/container and slowly add the steeped tea. Make sure to stir the oats with every little bit you add. Add just enough steeped tea to achieve your desired oatmeal consistency.
- Add sliced fruit and dig in.
There’s a picture of a more extravagantly topped oatmeal I made while in Stockholm, Sweden. We had a big kitchen where we were staying so we stocked up with some groceries. This Tea Flavoured Oatmeal is topped with mango and apple as the fruit as well as a mixture of nuts and dried fruits.
You May Also Like: