I had the strangest co-occurring cravings the other day. Half of me wanted oatmeal and the other half wanted broccoli. Weird, I know. I never thought I would crave broccoli and oatmeal at the same time. But I did, so I created this:
A hearty bowl of oatmeal is made even more nutritious with the addition of a green veggie! Broccoli is high in fiber and vitamin C. It’s also got vitamin A, calcium, iron and don’t forget about the protein. Just 1 cup of broccoli has 3 grams of protein! Broccoli is basically your bodies best friend. No wonder I was craving it 🙂
Lemon Broccoli Oatmeal
Creamy tahini oatmeal that’s spotted with nutrient dense broccoli, drizzled with fresh lemon juice and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Add rolled oats and water to a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, or until desired oatmeal consistancy is reached.
- Meanwhile, add broccoli florets to a frying pan with a splash of water. Saute over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until the broccoli turns bright green. Drizzle lemon juice over broccoli.
- Stir tahini into the cooked oatmeal and mix until well combined.
- Add the cooked broccoli florets and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Crab a spoon and dig in 🙂
You Might Also Like:
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Wellness Weekend.