Is there anything better than a big bowl of a cold and crispy salad on a hot summers day?
Okay, maybe a big bowl of this is better, but I can’t eat ice cream for every meal of the day! Actually, I probably could but I wouldn’t feel so great. I could eat this salad for every meal of the day and feel fantastic though! This salad is packed with veggies, drizzled with a protein packed dressing and sprinkled with calcium rich sesame seeds and zinc packed pumpkin seeds.
This salad is my new summer “go-to” salad. It’s easy to throw together, packed with nutrition, crispy, savoury and down-right delicious. My partner actually asks if I can make it for dinner now, I didn’t know he had the word “salad” in his vocabulary!
So what’s in this bowl of goodness?
Tangy Napa Cabbage Salad
Mild and crispy napa cabbage is paired with sweet veggies, crunchy seeds and a tangy protein packed dressing.
- 1 md head of napa cabbage, sliced into strips
- 1 lg carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos (or other gluten-free soy sauce subsitute)
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2-4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a large bowl toss together sliced napa cabbage, shredded carrot and sliced red pepper.
- Add the tahini, rice vinegar, Braggs and sriracha into a blender (I used my Magic Bullet) and blend until smooth.
- Pour dressing over the veggies and toss until well combined.
- Top with pumpkin and sesame seeds and serve.
Note: This salad is best if enjoyed the same day it’s made, however, you can still enjoy it the next day it just won’t be as crispy.
You Might Also Like: