Welcome to Raw Food Thursdays!
I’m hosting this weekly link-up party this week for Heather from Gluten-Free Cat, as she is having a very busy summer! Next week Raw Food Thursdays will be hosted by Linda of Gluten-Free Homemaker.
Last week there were 20 fantastic looking raw recipes linked-up. Check them out here! My favourites from last week were:
Raw Nut-Free Lemon Bars from Nom Yum Free
Zucchini Summer Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing from In Johnna’s Kitchen
Favourite Breakfast Food:
Sugar Plu…ot & Raspberry Ginger Granola from Detached and Connected
Favourite “Cool Down” Treat:
Raw Nutrient Dense Key Lime Pie Creamsicles from The Tasty Alternative
Watermelon, Strawberry and Basil Smoothie from Detached and Connected
Here’s how you can participate:
- Simply link up a raw foods recipe (see What is Raw Food?), mention Raw Foods Thursdays, and link back to this post so your readers can join in the fun!
- Please link to the recipe, not to a blog’s home page, so we can all find your raw foods recipe.
- You may link up a recipe that you’ve made in the past. Just make sure to share something different each time you participate.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting us know who you are and what you’re sharing.
What is Raw Food?
- Plant-based meals that are not cooked. Dehydrators may be used. (The raw foods community has differing views on temperature, but the range is between 104 and 118 degrees.) Feel free to link up recipes that use a slightly higher temperature as long as they could be made at 118 with a longer dry time.
- Raw Ingredients: vegetables, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, gluten-free sprouted grains, beans, and oils.
What isn’t raw?
- Anything cooked or heated above 118.
- Anything processed. If it comes from a can or a package that lists more than one ingredient, chances are it’s not raw!
- If your recipe contains an ingredient like maple syrup that makes your submission “almost raw”, please share it anyway. Raw sweeteners are easy to substitute.
This week I’m submitting my Peanut Butter and Banana Chocolate Bites
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
I love the highlights you chose, Erin! Every single one of them is on my list of things I want to make soon. And I love your peanut butter and chocolate banana bites. Just simply raw and delicious! Thank you so much for hosting this week! I’m sharing my Raw Chocolate Cherry Pie today. Have a happy 4th!
Thanks Heather and it was a pleasure to host! Your Raw Chocolate Cherry Pie looks AMAZING! Cherries are my absolute favourite thing in the world, I cannot wait to make your pie 🙂
Pingback: Raw Chocolate Cherry Pie | Gluten-Free Cat
Pingback: Raw Nut Free Lemon Bars - Nom Yum & Free | Nom Yum & Free
Pingback: What I ate Wednesday and blueberry orange tart recipe! | Apples And Ginger
Thanks so much for featuring my Raw Nut Free Lemon Bars as you host Raw Foods Thursday this week!! I agree with Heather that all your features look delicious. And your banana bites look so easy-to-make and yummy – perfect for a quick treat!
Thanks! I’m very excited to try our your Raw Nut-Free Lemon Bars, such good summer flavours 🙂
Pingback: Apricot + Almond Smoothie (with a hint of cardamom) | COCONUT AND BERRIES
Pingback: Raw Granola Adventures and a Recipe for Sprouted Hemp & Green Superfood Granola | Farmers Market Vegan
Pingback: All Raw Food All Week | Healthy Vegas Vegan
Many thanks for featuring my raw key lime pie creamsicle! I just made another batch yesterday for my kiddos. 🙂
This week I am sharing a lovely ginger mint limonade and a raw sun dried tomato and artichoke “pasta” dish.
Thanks for kicking off this first week of hosting RFT. 🙂
Thank you for hosting this week; I’m glad to be a part of the party!
Thanks for joining! Your dark chocolate sea salt macaroons look so simple and delicious. I cannot wait to give them a try 🙂
Pingback: Avocado and Sauerkraut Salad with a Creamy Miso-Ginger Dressing | the taste space - steam, bake, boil, shake!
Pingback: Raw Foods Thursdays: 7/4/13 | Gluten-Free Cat
Pingback: Apricot + Almond Smoothie (with a hint of cardamom)