Greens are awesome:
They’re at the top of the scale for nutrient density.
They’re filled with vitamins and minerals and are low in calories.
They’re versatile, pair well with other food and are down right delicious!
I’ve also noticed that the days I eat the most greens are the days I feel the best and most energized. Skip the coffee and go for a bowl of this Ultra Alkaline Salad. It’s easy to throw together and ever so refreshing in this summer humidity.
Ultra Alkaline Salad
This healthy and flavourful salad is packed with alkaline forming foods. The more alkaline forming foods you eat the better you’ll feel 🙂
- 4 cups of kale, steamed and chopped
- 2 cups swiss chard, steamed and chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-4 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 large lemon wedges
- optional- 1 cup cooked short grain brown rice
- optional- 1-2 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- Add the onion and garlic to a frying pan with a splash of water. Saute over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the kale and swiss chard and continue to cook until the greens wilt and decrease in volume.
- Remove from heat and top with hemp seeds, fresh squeezed lemon juice and chopped chives (if using).
- If desired, serve over cooked short grain brown rice.
You Might Also Like: