As promised, I’ve got a sweet treat that uses my Sunflower Seed “Bacon” Bits. And it’s not just any old treat, it’s a treat fit for a king!
The King of Rock that is 🙂
That’s right, banana, peanut butter and “bacon” cookies…a.k.a. Elvis’ favourite flavour combination. I’ve always been skeptical of this flavour combination, but felt adventurous enough to give it a try. Am I ever happy I did! I am sold. So sold that they were gobbled up before more than one photo was taken. Not the first time I’ve done this and probably not the last time either!
If your father likes cookies and bacon then you’ve got to bake up a batch of these for Fathers Day!
King Cookies- A.K.A Elvis Cookies
Sweet bananas, savoury peanut butter and smoky “bacon” all mixed together in a perfectly balanced soft cookie.
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seed “Bacon” Bits
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, starches, baking soda and sea salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a second larger bowl cream together coconut sugar, peanut butter, mashed banana, water, vanilla extract and liquid smoke until smooth.
- Slowly add the contents of the first bowl to the second bowl and mix until combined.
- Fold in the Sunflower Seed “Bacon” Bits and drop cookies onto lined cookie sheets.
- Flatten cookies with wet fingers (to prevent sticking), as the cookies will not spread as they cook.
- Bake for 8 minutes and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.