I’ve recently rediscovered my love for grain-free porridge. The extra boost of protein helps keep me satisfied until lunch and the flavour combinations are endless. This week I’ve been enjoying this every morning:
I’m not kidding, the combination of rich chocolate with sweet cherries is too much for me to resist. Cherries are absolutely my favourite food in the entire world, so I think this porridge will definitely be my go-to summer breakfast.
Grain-Free Black Forest Porridge
Rich and creamy chocolate lentils filled with juicy cherries and topped with crunchy cacao nibs and sweet coconut.
- 1/4 cup uncooked red lentils
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao (or cocoa) powder
- 3-4 drops chocolate liquid stevia
- 1 cup cherries, chopped
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
- Add lentils and water to a small sauce pan and bring to a gentle boil over high heat. Reduce to medium-low and let cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the lentils are soft. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cacao powder, ground flax seeds and stevia.
- Fold in the chopped cherries and top with cacao nibs and shredded coconut.
- Grab a spoon and dig in 🙂
You Might Also Like:
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Whole Food Wednesdays, Thank Your Body Thursdays, Fight Back Friday, Foodie Friday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Fat Tuesdays, Gluten-Free Fridays, Natural Living Mondays and Real Food Wednesdays.