Two things my mom loves are oatmeal and the summer. I also love oatmeal but really only love the idea of summer. Sure, warm and sunny weather definitely sounds appealing, but only if I don’t have to physically move. I always look forward to summer, but the second I have to start living in it I melt into a blob and dream about the fall/winter. One thing I do absolutely love about the summer though is the flavours. And nothing beats the combination of pineapple and coconut…hello Pina Colada’s!!!
And HELLO pina colada oatmeal!!!
Pina Colada Oatmeal
Soft and creamy coconut oatmeal tossed with juicy pineapple and drizzle with coconut milk. This breakfast is summer in a bowl, no question about it!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- optional- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, for serving
- Place oatmeal and water in a small sauce pan and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook until the water is absorbed and the oats are soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in the ground flax seeds, coconut butter and shredded coconut.
- Add the diced pineapple and transfer the oatmeal into serving dish.
- Drizzle coconut milk over top, if desired.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy a little taste of summer!
Calories: 297, Fat: 12.5 g (6.5 g saturated), Carbohydrates: 41g, Fiber: 8.5 g, Sugar: 10 g, Protein: 7 g
Nutritional information includes the use of the optional coconut milk. Nutritional information was calculated using this.
You Might Also Like