Long weekends are awesome. Long weekends when I have absolutely no plans are even more awesome. I spent my Saturday morning re-organizing my cupboards and clearing off my limited counter space. I enjoyed every second of it. I love having a clean and organized kitchen. Usually after I clean and organize though I experience an overwhelming sense of creativity. This usually results in me developing multiple recipes and ultimately destroying my earlier accomplishments. Saturday was no exception. Luckily the recipes I created were absolutely delicious and well worth it:
Blueberry Squash Pudding
Velvety and sweet, this healthy pudding is speckled with juicy blueberries and sprinkled with fragrant cinnamon. Enjoy it for a meal or a dessert!
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup blueberries, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- dash of cinnamon
- Cook butternut squash by steaming it until soft.
- Meanwhile, add 1/2 cup blueberries and water to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer. While it is simmering, mash the blueberries with a potato masher. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked butternut squash, ground flax seed, non-dairy yogurt and mashed blueberry mixture to a high-power blender (I used my Vitamix). Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two serving dishes, top with remaining blueberries and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Grab a friend, grab a spoon and dig right in!
Calories: 282, Fat: 5 g (0.3 g saturated), Carbohydrates: 60 g, Fiber: 16 g, Sugar: 7.5 g, Protein: 6.6 g
Nutritional information is based on serving size of 1/2 of recipe. Nutritional information was calculated using this.
You Might Also Like: