The other day I was looking on Pinterest and started becoming obsessed with all of the pancakes I was seeing. I realized that I hadn’t had pancakes in a very, VERY long time. Obviously I had to do something about it, so I ran to my kitchen and started browsing my fridge for things I could make pancakes with. Luckily for me my fridge was full of delicious ingredients and these beauties were born:
Blueberry Almond Pancakes
Soft almond scented pancakes spotted with juicy blueberries. Drizzle with pure maple syrup and you’ve got a perfect weekend indulgence.
Makes 6 pancakes
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 5 tbsp potato starch
- 5 tbsp tapioca starch
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Make “buttermilk” by mixing the apple cider vinegar and non-dairy milk together and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix together brown rice flour, starches, sea salt, baking powder and xanthan gum.
- In a second bowl, cream together almond butter, applesauce and extracts. Add ground flax seed mixed with water and then the “buttermilk” from Step 1. Mix until combined.
- Add the contents of the second bowl into the first bowl and mix until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease if it’s a non-stick pan.
- Once the frying pan is heated, drop batter (4-5 tbsp per pancake) into pan and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
- Top with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and dig in!
You might also like:
Calories: 264, Fat: 5.5 g, (0.5 g saturated), Carbohydrates: 49.5 g, Fiber: 4.3 g, Sugar: 5.7 g, Protein: 4 g
Nutritional information is based off of a serving size of 2 pancakes (1/3 of recipe) without the addition of maple syrup. Nutritional information was calculated using this.