Soft, chewy and full of cinnamon-y goodness:
Yes, these granola bars are just as delicious as they look. I had to freeze half the batch so I wouldn’t demolish them all in one sitting. I’m a sucker for any granola bar, but these are like no other granola bar I’ve ever eaten. Think about a cinnamon raisin cookie in the form of a granola bar, seriously addicting. Lucky these suckers are just as healthy as they are delicious.
Cinnamon Raisin Granola Bars
Soft oats, chewy raisins and fragrant cinnamon make these granola bars a little piece of heaven in every bite.
- 1/2 cup loosley packed dates
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 6 tbsp mashed navy beans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Place the dates in a dry measure measuring cup. Pour hot water over the dates until the measuring cup is full. Let sit for 15 minutes and then puree dates and water until smooth (I used my Magic Bullet).
- Meanwhile, mix the rolled oats, ground flax seeds and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- In a second bowl, cream together almond butter, mashed navy beans and pureed date mixture.
- Add the oat mixture to the second bowl and mix until well combined. Stir in the raisins.
- Add the mixture to the lined baking pan and bake for 18 minutes.
- Let cool, cut and enjoy!
Calories: 146.2 , Fat: 5.1 g (0.5 g saturated), Carbohydrates: 23.1 g, Fiber: 4.1 g, Sugar: 10.5 g, Protein: 3.8 g
Nutritional information based on serving size of 1 granola bar. Nutritional information was calculated using this.
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at 5 Ingredient Mondays.