Is it Friday yet?
I probably wouldn’t have been eating a big bowl of oatmeal for dinner last night if it was.
Yup, my energy for the week has officially expired. Lucky for me oatmeal is a quick, nutritious and filling meal. Not to mention it’s one of my favourite comfort foods. Chewy, creamy, warm and full of whatever flavour you desire, oatmeal is my kind of food. And my kind of flavour today was a combination of sweet and sweeter.
Banana Cherry Oatmeal
The perfect meal, any day, any time!
- 3 tbsp steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp dried cherries
- optional- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Add steel cut oats and water to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until desired texture is achieved.
- Stir in cashew butter until it melts and is spread throughout the oatmeal.
- Add the ground flax seed, sliced banana and dried cherries.
- Pour almond milk over top right before serving, if desired.
Calories: 295, Fat: 7.9g (1.3g saturated), Carbohydrates: 52.3g, Fiber: 7.7g, Sugar: 16.4g, Protein: 8.4g
Nutritional information is based on 1 serving with 1 tbsp dried cherries and using the 1/4 cup almond milk. Nutritional information was calculated using this.
You may also like:
Lemon Poppy Seed Oatmeal Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal Eggnog Oatmeal
YUM! I love oatmeal!
Pingback: PINA COLADA OATMEAL- Vegan, Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free | Sift, Stir & Savour