What happens when a chocolate brownie and a peppermint cookie make a baby?
Your taste buds explode…with happiness, of course!
Chocolate Mint Cookies
These cookies are the perfect combination of dense, rich chocolate and light, fragrant mint. They’ll satisfy your sweet tooth and refresh you, all in one bite.
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 3 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 5 drops Dark Chocolate Liquid Stevia
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4- 1/2 cup non-dairy mint chocolate chips (or regular chocolate chips)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together sorghum flour, potato starch, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, sea salt, and baking soda.
- In a second bowl combine applesauce, oil, non-dairy milk, liquid stevia, and extracts.
- Add the contents of the second bowl to the first bowl. Stir until combined.
- Fold in the mint chocolate chips and use two spoons to drop the dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Wet fingers with cold water (to prevent sticking) and re-shape the cookies, as desired. They don’t flatten much when they bake so feel free to pat them down.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand on the baking sheet for 5 more minutes.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack and let cool before enjoying.