What’s better than one lemon loaf?
3 lemon loaves!!!
Actually, this recipe only makes 1 loaf. If you’re like me though and like giving loaves away to your awesome Uncles, triple the recipe. Seriously, how pretty of a gift are these:
A yummy loaf with a hint of lemon. Top with your favourite nut butter or jam and you’ve got the perfect accompaniment to your afternoon tea.
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 1 1/2 tsp Ener-G Egg Replace powder mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease, or line, loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix together chickpea flour, starches, xanthan gum, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a second, smaller bowl, whisk together coconut sugar, prepared Ener-G Egg Replace, almond milk, lemon juice and zest and applesauce.
- Add the contents of the second bowl to the first bowl and mix until combined.
- Scoop into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing. Let completely cool before slicing.