Strawberries in the winter? I don’t question sales at the grocery store, I just enjoy them. And a sale on strawberries is welcomed by me during any season, especially with all of the oatmeal cravings I’ve been having lately. Some people crave chocolate…I crave oatmeal! Oh who am I kidding, I crave chocolate too…just not today.
Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal
Sweet, juicy strawberries surrounded by chewy oats and tangy yogurt. Basically it’s oatmeal that tastes like a dessert! The perfect way to start your day.
- 1/4 cup gluten-free steel cut oats (or 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries
- 2 tbsp plain unsweetened non-dairy yogurt (I use almond milk yogurt)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- vanilla liquid stevia to taste (I use 3 drops)
- Combine oats, unsweetened almond milk and water in a small saucepan. Bring to the beginning of a boil over medium heat.
- Before a full boil is reached, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until desired texture is achieved.
- Remove from heat and stir in non-dairy yogurt, flax seeds and stevia.
- Fold in strawberries and dig in!