It’s almost time for Santa. Do you know what Santa loves?
Santa loves cookies, and so do I. I love all cookies. I don’t discriminate: soft cookies, chewy cookies, fluffy cookies, crunchy cookies and melt in your mouth cookies…I think they’re all perfect. These cookies are soft and fluffy and down right magical. I bet if you leave some out for santa, your stocking will be extra full in the morning!
Eggnog Glazed Cookies
These fluffy eggnog laced cookies are topped with a sweet eggnog glaze that makes them that much more special.
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup white rice flour or tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup So Nice Noel Nog
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flours, starches, baking soda and spices in one bowl.
- In a second bowl cream together Earth Balance, coconut sugar, stevia, extracts and So Nice Noel Nog.
- Slowly add the contents of bowl 1 into bowl 2, stirring to combine.
- Drop batter onto lined cookie sheet using two spoons. Wet hands with cold water and flatten/re-shape the cookies. (Note: the dough is very sticky so you’ll probably have to re-wet them often).
- Bake for 12 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Let cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the following glaze:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp So Nice Noel Nog
- 1/2 tsp soy milk powder
- Combine all ingredients and stir until smooth.
- After cookies have cooled, glaze top of cookies.
- Grab a glass of almond milk or tea and enjoy!
Here’s the cookies pre-glaze: