Eggnog week has almost come to an end. A week dedicated to eggnog recipes would not be complete without a nanaimo bar though! So I hope you’ve got some leftover eggnog, because these are the real deal…
Eggnog Nanaimo Bars
These little beauties have a traditional nanaimo bar crust, topped with a not so traditional soft and fluffy eggnog cream middle and finished off with homemade white chocolate.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 1/4 So Nice Noel Nog
- 2 tbsp dairy-free vanilla pudding powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- I used this recipe, but be warned that the chocolate won’t be white because of the vanilla powder/paste
- If you want a whiter chocolate try this recipe
- To make the base, line an 8 X 8 pan with parchment paper. Combine all of the base ingredients and mix well. Evenly spread the mixture into the the lined pan and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- While the base is chilling, prepare the middle by creaming together the Earth Balance, vanilla pudding powder, sea salt and nutmeg. Slowly add the powdered sugar, followed by the So Nice Noel Nog. Spread evenly over the chilled base and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Lastly, use the while chocolate recipe of choice and drizzle over the the middle layer (after it’s been chilling for 30 minutes). Score the white chocolate to make future cutting easier/cleaner. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Voila! Eggnog Nanaimo Bars!