Chocolate, chocolate and MORE chocolate. Does it get any better than that? Probably not for all of you chocoholics out there! I’m more of a caramel/ toffee kind of person, but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy a rich, fudgy, chocolaty treat every now and then. When I’m craving chocolate this is the only recipe that will satisfy the craving in one…who am I kidding, two bites…
Triple Chocolate Brownies
Decadent, rich and overflowing with chocolate. These brownies are dense and chewy, spotted with gooey chocolate chips and topped with light and creamy chocolate icing. In other words, heaven, pure heaven…
- 1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar should work)
- 3/4 cup strong coffee
- 2 tbsp non-dairy yogurt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 drops dark chocolate liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 8 x 8 square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix brown rice flour, starches, xanthan gum, baking powder and cocoa powder together in bowl 1. Stir to combine.
- In a second bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut sugar, coffee, stevia, yogurt, applesauce and vanilla.
- Sift bowl 1 into second bowl. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips and place in baking pan. The batter will be very thick and sticky. Wet hands with cold water and spread batter evenly among pan.
- Cook for 25-27 minutes. Let cool while you prepare the icing.
Fluffy Chocolate Frosting
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Instructions- cream together Earth Balance and cocoa powder. Add 1 tbsp of the almond milk and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat with hand beaters until well combined. Slowly add the rest of the powdered sugar, adding another tbsp of almond milk if the frosting is too thick. Chill in fridge for 10 mintues before icing brownies.
Writing this post has given me a chocolate craving…guess what I’ll be baking tonight…