This recipe was developed for my best friend’s mom. Back when I didn’t know the trouble gluten was causing me, I baked a batch of rosewater pistachio cupcakes for my best friend from this cookbook. They were delicious, so delicious that she made them for her mom on mothers day. Her mom absolutely loved them. She’s since cut some foods out of her diet though and now those cupcakes are a no-go.
Determined to create a rose flavoured treat for my best friends mom, these little babies were born…
Mini Rose Scented Tea Cakes
Moist bite-sized tea cakes with a hint of rose and a gentle sweetness that makes them a perfect pair for your afternoon tea/coffee.
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix lemon juice and almond milk together, stir gently and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together maple syrup, applesauce, rosewater and lemon zest. After the almond milk mixture has curdled, add it to this bowl.
- In a second bowl, mix together brown rice flour, starches, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the first bowl to the second bowl and mix until combined.
- Scoop small spoonfuls into a lined mini muffin tray and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!