What do pumpkin pie and breakfast have in common?
Well, if you’re at my house they’re synonyms. What? You don’t eat pumpkin pie for breakfast? Maybe you would if you could make a delicious bowl of pumpkin pie filling that’s nutritious and takes less than 5 minutes. Lucky for you, now you can…
Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Bowl
This combination of aromatic spices and creamy pumpkin will make your mornings even sweeter.
- 1 cup navy beans
- 1/2 cup 100% carrot juice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- cinnamon liquid stevia, to taste (I used 6 drops)
- optional toppings: non-dairy chocolate chips, chopped pecans or walnuts, dried cranberries, shredded unsweetened coconut
- Place all ingredients (except optional toppings) into blender or food processor (I used a Magic Bullet).
- Process until a smooth, creamy texture is achieved.
- Heat mixture either in a saucepan or microwave until desired temperature is reached.
- Top with toppings, if using, and enjoy!
As you can see, I’ve opted for non-dairy chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Feel free to pour a tsp of maple syrup over top if you’re needing an extra sweet kick!
UPDATE!!! This recipe has been submitted to Healthy Vegan Friday here, Wellness Weekend here, Thank Your Body Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Make Your Own Mondays, Tasty Traditions and Natural Living Monday.
Pingback: GRAIN-FREE CINNAMON RAISIN “OATMEAL”- Vegan, Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free | Sift, Stir & Savour
Well that looks simply amazing. I will add this to our morning plans very soon!
Pingback: RAW BERRY BREAKFAST PUDDING- Vegan, Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free | Sift, Stir & Savour
Pingback: CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN COOKIES- Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free & Oil-Free | Sift, Stir & Savour