I’m sure it comes as no surprise that I love vegetables. I love all vegetables. I especially love green vegetables. Not only are they full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients, they also taste great!
I didn’t grow up eating all vegetables though. Some vegetables I only discovered a few years ago. Swiss chard is one of them. I remember when I first made it for myself, I had no idea what I was doing! I just threw some stuff into a pan, cooked it and ate it. Luckily I liked what I threw into the pan. And now you can too…
Sweet & Sour Swiss Chard
- 1 bunch red Swiss chard
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2-3 tbsp raisins
- 2-3 tbsp carrot juice (such as: http://bolthouse.com/product/100carrot)
- splash of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Wash Swiss chard well and separate the greens from the red steam.
- Chop the red stems into small pieces.
- Chop the Swiss chard greens into bit size pieces.
- Add diced onion, chopped red stems, raisins and carrot juice to a frying pan.
- Cook over medium high until onions are translucent, adding more carrot juice as needed to prevent ingredients from sticking to bottom of pan.
- Lower heat to medium low and add the Swiss chard greens.
- Cook until all greens are wilted.
- Add splash of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar and enjoy!
It’s that simple! Take a look: