Ever have left over pumpkin that you don’t know what to do with? Welcome to my delicious solution for this predicament!
Well I sure didn’t until I came up with these. Whenever I get a craving for muffins, I look no further than this recipe.
Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Muffins
Pumpkin, chocolate, pecans, oh my! These are so wonderfully moist, it’s hard to just have one!
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 tbsp unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl mix together first 9 ingredients (pumpkin, applesauce, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut sugar, flax seed, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and apple cider vinegar) until smooth.
- In a second bowl mix together oat flour, sorghum flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- Add second bowl to the first bowl and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop batter into greased or lined muffin tin (I like to use an ice cream scoop for this).
- Bake for 25 to 27 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Real Food Wednesdays.