Put the lime in the coconut and shake it all about. That’s what my dad used to sing when I was a baby and wrapped in a towel after a bath. I don’t know where it came from, but I’m sure my baby self enjoyed the comforting experience.
Now that I’m an adult, and no longer require a song and dance to bath without crying, I’m obsessed with the flavour combination of coconut and lime.
I’m also obsessed with pudding. So obsessed that I frequently eat it for breakfast:
Looks like dessert, right? That’s the beauty, it could be! It’s sweet and creamy enough to be served as a dessert, yet healthy and nutrient dense enough to be a breakfast. And don’t forget about the delicate combination of coconut and lime that will bring you back to those warm summer days that have since passed…
Coconut Lime Pudding
Simple and sweet, this nutritious pudding will fuel you for hours.
Serves 1 meal or 2 desserts
- 1 cup lima beans
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage (such as: http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/coconut-milk-beverages/unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup plain soy yogurt
- 1/4 cup sliced banana
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds (see note)
- handful of baby spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1-2 tsp lime zest
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- liquid stevia, to taste (I use 6 drops)
- unsweetened shredded coconut, for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients, except for unsweetened shredded coconut, to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving dish and let chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with unsweetened shredded coconut and enjoy!
Note: If you prefer a thicker pudding use ground chia seeds instead of flax seeds.
Steps 2-4:Happy Anniversary dishes? Yup, you read that right. Today would have been my grandparents 70th anniversary. They may not be around to celebrate, but that doesn’t mean I can’t celebrate for them!